Sunday 27 February 2011

Tomorrow!

So tomorrow's that day! Finally starting uni again.

I'd also like to apologize for not updating for the last few days, I've just been busy with work and getting ready for school and other things. I do want to try and update each day, so I'll make an effort to be more prompt with that.

Today was mostly spent printing out an abundance of things that we're going to need for uni; subject guides, assignments guides, lecture notes, additional information, et cetera. Unfortunately, after printing about 200 pages, the toner in my laser printer ran out and I can't print anything more. I called officeworks to see how much a new toner cartridge costs, and it's about $80 (as much as the printer in the first place). I suppose it's my own fault for not checking that when I bought the thing, but I still think it's stupid that they charge so much for toner. Anyway, I'm not going to be able to afford that for another couple weeks or so, as a bunch of bills came in in the last couple of weeks, so I'll just have to head over to my parents' place to do printing.

Another money killer is the textbooks. I'm looking at about $800 all up for just the ones that I need (far less than all of the recommended books). So they're going to have to wait as well. I'm not too concerned about the nursing ones, as last year I was able to get by alright just sharing books with other people and using library copies for a while. However, this year I have the two subjects that I'm doing through OUA (physics and chemistry) that I really need the textbooks for, as I'm doing them over the internet. I'm thinking that if I budget correctly, I should be able to afford them in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait any later than that though, because stuff is due in week two for both subjects..

Also, looking at the physics stuff today looked a bit daunting. If anyone that follows has had something to do with physics, I would love to have someone that I could ask questions.

Again, thanks for the follows and whatnot, I'm going to make some dinner now. Be sure to check back tomorrow, I'll be letting everyone know how the first day went.

11 comments:

  1. I've got my first day of uni tomorrow too, good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try ordering your books through half.com or something similar. may save you a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books are so expensive! Good luck man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I hope your first day is wonderful n___n"~

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your first day dude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't apologize for not posting in the last couple days! Jeez! give yourself a break...hope your first day goes well, I wish you the best of luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not really done anything with physics since my uni days (3 years ago), but could probably answer some basic questions. If not, I've got the textbook here and can look anything up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, I got an exam tomorrow at my uni.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shelby, and thanks for the offer Eric, I'll be sure to ask you if I need anything. :)

    ReplyDelete